We are glad to announce we will be starting residential food waste collections in October.
- We will collect ALL food waste except for flesh (cooked or uncooked) and bones.
- We will also collect paper tissues & towels.
- Simply have your compostable bags ready for us to collect on your regular collection day.
- Our teams are certified and our vehicles prepared to transport ‘Hazardous Material
The package we suggest is:
- 1x 7-litre aerated counter top bin
- 25x 7-litre compostable bags
- Either weekly or fortnightly collections
We will place the order for the bins and bags on 17th September so we can deliver the items to you before the end of September and you are ready for collections to start in October. Please let us know ASAP so we can include you in this order and get you started. Please note, the price of bins may rise after September.
The facility we will be dropping off to is Camp Joy in Strandfontein, a centre helping rehabilitate people from drug use. They run a garden that produces magnificent vegetables (see below) to feed the residents there and at the First Community Resource Centre in Hanover Park. They will be composting the food waste.
Whilst this service is initially for residential clients we are happy to help restaurants and schools manage their kitchen waste too. We have 100 litre sealable drums that are ideal for kitchen collections. Please contact us for further details.
We have started this initiative because there is a shocking amount of food waste that is simply discarded when it can actually be reused. In line with the Western Cape Government’s move to a circular economy, they aim to eliminate organic material from going to landfill by 50% in 2022 and 100% by 2027.
Please feel free to contact us with any queries or questions you may have.